Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pizza Puffs

Football freaks (said with love): you can stop looking for the perfect finger food for the big day (which I'm pretty sure is coming up sometime soon...I'm not 100% on that front). Enter stage right:
The Pizza Puff. These delightful bits of nirvana come in two varieties tonight: Bacon Caper (my favorite combo, thanks Luci!) and your standard Pepperoni (classic nom). I will be dispersing them among my coworkers tomorrow, who will soon be victims to my diabolical plan to have all 401Ks signed over to me. This victory will be deliciously satisfying.


Lately we've all been a little overly obsessed with Pinterest, a site that is brilliantly addictive and will probably soon be a tool for alcoholics to use in place of gin. I found these little puffs lurking on some random's food board and was instantly captivated, like the lead in a Barbara Cartland novel when he first sees his DID (damsel in distress).

They hail from Plain Chicken, a fun food blog that never fails to both impress and make me feel like, totes amateur. Make sure you tap into your inner foodie to find your favorite flavor combos. I think ham/pineapple would be very tasty.

You will need....
3/4 c flour
3/4 t baking powder
1/2 t garlic powder
3/4 c milk
1 egg, beaten
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 heaping cup of your favorite fillers. I used 1/2 bacon 1/2 caper for one batch and all pepperoni for another
Pizza sauce, if desired

Prepare all of your fillings:
And set aside. Whisk together your flour, baking powder, and garlic powder in a medium bowl. Add your milk, egg, and fillings and blend until smooth.

Let sit for 10 minutes and preheat your oven to 375.
Spoon into a greased cupcake pan (12) or a mini-cupcake pan (24). Bake until browned and nommy looking (25 minutes), then pop onto a baking sheet.
Dip in warm pizza sauce and enjoy!

In case you didn't notice, btw, this recipe is insanely easy. Woohoo!

You. Are. Welcome.
Nomnom!

No comments:

Post a Comment